Do you have a passion for human resources and recruiting?
The Human Resources Manager guides and manages the overall provision of Human Resource services, policies, and programs for Meridian Power Group, a small sized company of 1-50 employees. They will oversee the coordination of employee relations, compliance, benefits administration, compensation, training, succession planning, leadership support, and staffing activities to maximize employee resources.
Schedule / Hours
- Recruiting and staffing - Assist the Marketing Director with developing a superior workforce. Establishes and leads the standard recruiting and hiring practices and procedures necessary to recruit and hire a superior workforce. Interviews management and executive position candidates.
- Employee relations – Is responsible for the development of an employee-oriented company culture that emphasizes quality, continuous improvement, key employee retention/development, and high performance. Conducts investigations when employee complaints or concerns are bought forth. Lead the implementation of company safety and health programs. Monitors the tracking of OSHA – required data. Monitors and advises managers and supervisors in the progressive discipline system of the company.
- HR administration – Conducts a continuing study of all Human Resources policies, programs, and practices to keep management informed of new developments.
- Development of the Human Resources department – Leads the development of department goals, objectives, and systems. Provides leadership for Human Resources strategic planning. Establishes HR departmental measurements that support the accomplishment of the MPG strategic goals.
- Bachelor’s Degree or equivalent in HR, Business or Organization Development, from an accredited educational institution. Master’s degree is strongly preferred.
- Minimum of 7 years of progressive leadership experience in HR positions.
- Knowledge and experience in employment law, compensation, organizational planning, recruitment, organization development, employee relations, safety, employee engagement and employee development, preferred.
- Demonstrate the ability to lead and develop HR department staff members.
- Demonstrate the ability to serve as a knowledgeable resource to the executive management team that provides overall company leadership and direction.
- Excellent organizational management skills.
- Excellent computer skills in a Microsoft Windows environment. Must include knowledge of Excel and skills in Human Resources Information systems (HRIS).
Chief Operation Officer (COO)
- Medical and dental insurance coverage
- FSA- health and dependent care expenses
- Telecommuting and work-life balance
- Fun and casual office environment
- Life insurance
- Short and long-term disability insurance
- Generous paid time off (vacation, sick, floating holidays)
- 401(k) retirement plan
- Competitive base salary
- Discounted gym membership, office snacks, caffeine, and much more!
Equal Opportunity Employer
Meridian Power Group (MPG) is an Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action/Drug -Free Workplace employer. We are Committed to making employment decisions based on merit, as well as all laws related to terms and conditions of Employment. MPG desires to maintain a work environment free from sexual harassment or discrimination based on race, religion, ethnicity, national origin, sexual orientation, physical or mental disability, mental status, age, or any other status protected by Federal, State, or Local laws.