Schedule / Hours
- Recruiting and staffing - Assist the Marketing Director with developing a superior workforce. Establishes and leads the standard recruiting and hiring practices and procedures necessary to recruit and hire a superior workforce. Interviews management and executive position candidates.
- Employee relations – Is responsible for the development of an employee-oriented company culture that emphasizes quality, continuous improvement, key employee retention/development, and high performance. Conducts investigations when employee complaints or concerns are bought forth. Lead the implementation of company safety and health programs. Monitors the tracking of OSHA – required data. Monitors and advises managers and supervisors in the progressive discipline system of the company.
- HR administration – Conducts a continuing study of all Human Resources policies, programs, and practices to keep management informed of new developments.
- Development of the Human Resources department – Leads the development of department goals, objectives, and systems. Provides leadership for Human Resources strategic planning. Establishes HR departmental measurements that support the accomplishment of the MPG strategic goals.
Data Center background with minimum 3 years’ experience.
Must have familiarity within Data Center environments and prior working knowledge on organization, process related, security specifics.
Basic Network infrastructure / network equipment / server equipment knowledge.
Previous IT ticketing system experience.
Prior Service Desk or equivalent experience.
Wiki confluence experience a plus – Updating / editing documentations.
Familiarity with Data Center best practices.
Experience in working with/coordinating with external vendors.
Familiarity with Vendor Customer Support Web Portals (IBM, Cisco, VMware, Dell).
Soft Skills and Intangibles:
Outstanding customer service skills (personable and engaging).
Excellent communication skills both written and verbal.
Must be detailed oriented and organized.
Understand established processes and ability to apply best solutions.
Accountability approach/ mindset to follow up on open items or tasks.
Enthusiastic and willing to learn and grow.
Ability to listen and follow directions.
Chief Information Officer (CIO)
- Medical and dental insurance coverage
- FSA- health and dependent care expenses
- Telecommuting and work-life balance
- Fun and casual office environment
- Life insurance
- Short and long-term disability insurance
- Generous paid time off (vacation, sick, floating holidays)
- 401(k) retirement plan
- Competitive base salary
- Discounted gym membership, office snacks, caffeine, and much more!
Equal Opportunity Employer
Meridian Power Group (MPG) is an Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action/Drug -Free Workplace employer. We are Committed to making employment decisions based on merit, as well as all laws related to terms and conditions of Employment. MPG desires to maintain a work environment free from sexual harassment or discrimination based on race, religion, ethnicity, national origin, sexual orientation, physical or mental disability, mental status, age, or any other status protected by Federal, State, or Local laws.